Visit my fellow DOstamper’s for MORE inspiration!
Today I’ll be showcasing this lovely card and topiary gift I made just for the DOstamperSTARS guestSTAR spot. 1. Cut your spiral flowers. Here’s a tip: if you’re softening the paper and you rip the paper–DON’T FRET! You can just tape it back together and it will turn out just as lovely :) 1. Cut a 4.25 x 5.5″ card base from Soft Suede card stock. ’til next time!
First I’ll give directions for the topiary:
You will need:
A 3″ tall terracotta pot
One 4″ foam ball, cut in half
Green felt, enough to cover the half-foam ball
Spiral flower die
Two card stock colors of your choice
Extra glue sticks
A needle-nose tweezer
A bone folder
I was able to get nine flower spirals out of one piece of 12×12 coredinations card stock. Cut the card stock to 3″ and run the three pieces through your Big Shot at the same time, the die cuts through them wonderfully!!
2. Soften the paper with your bone folder.
3. To achieve a nice look, layer the darker paper under the lighter color you choose.
4. Using your needle-nose tweezer, grab the smaller ends of the spiral die cut and winding it tightly around the tweezer.
5. Once you have rolled it up tight you can take it off the tweezer and loosen it to your liking–glue together.
6. Make 15 total.
7. Cut one 4″ foam ball in half.
8. Hot glue green felt to fully cover the foam. *note, I did this because I don’t like to see the white foam where there are ‘holes’ between the flowers
9. Line the rim of your pot with hot glue and attach your foam so the round part sticks out.
11. Punch out varying sizes of green leaves.
10. Start gluing your spiral flowers on the foam and fill in ‘holes’ with the leaves.
11. Once you have finished gluing on all the flowers and leaves you can decide if you’d like to add a ribbon around the rim of the pot or not. I chose not to but I do think it would look cute with some!
PLEASANT POPPIES CARD:
To make this card really ‘pop’ I used a technique referred to as “paper tole.” It is when you stamp your image multiple times and each time add another distinct layer ‘popped up” off the last.
Water color paper
Classic Ink Pads: Garden Green, Rose Red, Crushed Curry
Memento ‘Tuxedo Black” ink
Soft Suede card stock
Real Red card stock
Season of style designer washi, green roll (Currently on the clearance section but I received mine in the “what to washi” class)
Gingham garden washi tape, yellow roll
Deco label punch
“Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment from ‘Delightful Dozen’ *retiring*
2. Cut two 4 x 5.25″ of water color paper.
3. Stamp ‘Pleasant Poppies” onto watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
4. Color the image with the blender pen.
5. Color just the flowers you want to ‘pop’ off your card and fussy cut them.
6. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the fussy cut flower to the same exact spot it is located on your large colored image.
7. Cut 2.5 x 4″ of real red card stock.
8. Ink your sentiment with Real Red ink and stamp onto water color paper. *I chose to do this because the texture would match the Poppy image, you can use Very Vanilla or Whisper White if you like.
9. Using your deco label punch, cut the sentiment.
10. Using the green washi from the “Season of Style” Washi and the yellow from “Gingham Garden,” make a base for the sentiment to sit atop. Double up the tape for a less transparent look.
11. Adhere all pieces to card stock to create your card!
1. Cut your spiral flowers.
Here’s a tip: if you’re softening the paper and you rip the paper–DON’T FRET! You can just tape it back together and it will turn out just as lovely :)
1. Cut a 4.25 x 5.5″ card base from Soft Suede card stock.
’til next time!